Dick's tech needs are very modest but experience over a long period has shown that these are often not provided to spec. Sometimes Dick encounters promoters (rarely) who imagine that economising on PA equipment is OK and that cheaper can be as good as expensive, which ain't necessarily so.
Dick knows that lack of, or inadequate, monitors will affect his voice for several days afterwards. It is not fair to subsequent gigs if that happens due to someone not getting their act together properly.
Now, Dick is a lovely guy, to which many many people will attest, but he's also a dedicated professional artiste with a keen sense of responsibility both to the audiences who pay good money to come and see him and to promoters. He has been known to refuse to perform when a PA hasn't materialised as agreed or if the PA simply isn't up to the job.
So, here we go.
Technical spec for Dick Gaughan solo acoustic performance
Dick Gaughan stands throughout most of the performance but for a couple of pieces he sits down and will require a normal height chair (armless).
These technical specifications are a part of the contract Stoneyport Associates issues on behalf of Dick Gaughan.
Failure to comply with them might result in the cancellation of a performance without loss of fee to the artist.
- For health reasons, Dick Gaughan will bring his own vocal mic for his exclusive use.
- x1 boom microphone stand
- x1 guitar DI
- Mains power supply
If possible, a small table should be available, placed on the artist's left side (stage left).
- Monitoring with EQ control separate from FOH mix MUST be provided.
- 1 monitor wedge will usually be adequate.
- If possible, reverb should be available on the monitor.
- The use of compression is generally discouraged but if it is deemed essential on the FOH mix, the signal to the monitor MUST be uncompressed.
- Recording from the sound desk is absolutely prohibited without the advance permission of the artist.
- Stills photography is permitted during the performance provided no flash is used.
- Video recording is absolutely prohibited. It will be the responsibility of the promoter to ensure that no video recording takes place during the performance. Should anyone be found doing this, the performance will be terminated without loss of fee to the artist.
Please download the band spec and stage plan here ...
dick-gaughan-band-pa-spec.pdf 10.3 KB